Apply to I-SF/SF
Obtaining an International Safe Feed/Safe Food certification requires commitment from a company’s management team to not only invest in ensuring their facility is operating safely, but also to achieve the necessary requirements for successful certification.
Below is a step-by-step guide to get your facility I-SF/SF* certified:
- Review the relevant FAMI-QS documents and forms to familiarize yourself with the program.
- Complete the application.
Submit the completed application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Submit the registration fee of $1,000 USD via check (made payable to the “American Feed Industry Association”) to:
American Feed Industry Association
ATTN: I-SF/SF Administrator
2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 810
Arlington, VA 22201
- Once FAMI-QS and the AFIA have received your completed application and registration payment, your application will be reviewed, and a FAMI-QS Approval (Scope Verification) will be issued.
- You will then need to schedule a time with your certification body for a facility inspection.
- Once the inspection has been completed and a certification issued, your facility will be listed on the FAMI-QS website. Approved I-SF/SF facilities are eligible to use the I-SF/SF/FAMI-QS logo in compliance with the terms of logo usage.
*Please note that the application process is different for FSC36, FSC34 and FSC32 certification.